Sunday, October 14, 2018

October 8-12


Just Playing
By Anita Wadley
 When I’m building in the block room, please don’t say I’m “just playing”
For you see, I’m learning as I play, about balance and shapes.
Who knows? I may be an architect someday.
When I am getting dressed up, setting the table, caring for the babies.
Don’t get the idea I’m “just playing”. For you see, I’m learning as I play.
I may be a mother or a father someday.
When you see me up to my elbows in paint or standing at an easel, or moulding
and shaping clay, please don’t let me hear you say “He is just playing”
For you see, I’m learning as I play, I’m expressing myself and being creative.
I may be an artist or an inventor someday.
 When you see me sitting in a chair “reading” to an imaginary audience.
Please do not laugh and think I’m “just playing”.
For you see, I’m learning as I play.
I may be a teacher someday.
When you see me combing the bushes for bugs, or packing my pockets with choice
things I find, don’t pass it off as “just playing”. For you see, I’m learning as I play.
I may be a scientist someday.
When you see me engrossed in a puzzle or some “plaything” at school.
Please don’t feel the time is wasted in “play”.  For you see, I’m learning as I play.
I’m learning to solve problems and to concentrate.
I may be in business someday.
 When you see me cooking or tasting foods, please don’t think that because I enjoy it, it is
“just playing”. I’m learning to follow directions and see differences.
I may be a chef someday.
 When you see me learning to skip, hop, run and move my body, please don’t say I’m “just
playing”. For you see, I’m learning as I play. I’m learning how my body works.
I may be a doctor, nurse or athlete someday.
When you ask me what I’ve done at school today, and I say, “I just played”
Please don’t misunderstand me. For you see, I’m learning as I play.
I’m learning to enjoy and be successful in my work. I’m preparing for tomorrow.
Today, I am a child and my work is play.
 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment